Friday, January 02, 2009

I Have To Pee

Interesting tittle, no?

I really do have to pee, though. Har.

Today was pretty good. Went to Tanger Oulet Center in Gonzales. Did a little shopping. Well, my mom and grandma did a little shopping while I stood there and watched. Haha. Had no monies.

Then we went to Cabela's, which is a huge hunting, fishing, outdoorsy store. The kids had a blast there. It's almost like DisneyWorld. They have a huge display with taxadermied animals. They even have a POLAR BEAR! It was caught in Alaska in 1970. That was my favorite.

They also had tents set up that my kids explored and I found a tent with CUPHOLDERS! My mom found a camping chair that was a rocker. And she loves rockers. She said that she would definitely go camping if she had one of those. My mom loves rockers, though. And I found a lounging chair that rocks your socks off. No, it rocks your face off. Even came with an attached pillow.
Each of my girsl got a bird with realistic bird calls. Jayde got a Blue Jay and Camy got some kind of Warbler.

They even have a snack bar inside!

It's two stories. They have a duck pond out front with fake ducks. LMAO. The kind of ducks you use as decoys when duck hunting. They sold them inside.

AND they have a firearm check in, right inside the door. HARDCORE!

They also have all kinds of hunting games set up in various spot around the store. I think you had to pay to play, though. Camy wanted me to try one. I couldn't. I've never hunted, game wise or in real life. I could never shoot a deer or anything really. I'm too chicken. And my aim is horrid.

After that we took my dad to work.

Then we came back here and chilled for a bit. I figured out that I can French braid. And I came up with an interesting sideways version too. Camy was very patient while I braided her hair...twice. Jayde hollered the whole time. And I was only trying to do a normal braid on her! Whiney butt!

At about 5:30 we went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. Awesome experience! I have NEVER been seated that quickly. I walk in ask the host how long. Tell him we have six. He asks if inside or out. I say inside. He says he can put two together but then he looks over his shoulder and says that he can have one as soon as we all get in. I get everybody in, he wipes down the table and boom. I like going before the rush. We finished right as the rush was about to begin. And we got entertained while we dined. They danced to two different songs. The kids liked that. Jayd was bopping in her seat to the music almost the whole time. Even when she was eating. I have NEVER seen her enjoy mac 'n' cheese THAT much.

After dinner we went shopping at Wal-Mart. Got some basic items. And were home by 9.

Jayde helped me push an empty cart around Wal-Mart. We had a system, and I only ran into a pole once due to looking at her. We were chanting. "Big step, big step, big step. Turn, turn, turn turn turn. Big step, big step, big step. Stop." I had her taking as big a step as she could. Then when my back starting to hurt, I told her I couldn't make it. And she goes, "Whew, I tired." So we collapsed on the floor. Yeah, we got some stares, but I didn't really mind. Nobody in our party minded.

Camy was walking by my mom who had a scooter. She loves helping her gran. She felt like such a big girl. Just about the only thing she didn't grab for my mom were the cokes. I got those. She didn't want them to land on her face. She ran off when I reached for it and goes, "Not my face, not my face!" What a card!

I JUST got her settled into bed at 12:15. I threatened to make her get up at 6 and go with Mamaw all day. Didn't REALLY think it would happen, but she didn't have to know that. The threat worked. She'll probably wet the bed, but at least she's asleep.

And that's it. Second day of the year, complete!

1 comment:

  1. We are suppose to be getting a new, huge Bass Pro Shop in Memphis. From what they say about it, it sounds a lot like the store you were at. I like the firearm check-in. You know you live in the south when you have one of those lol. I think all of our Joe's Crab Shacks are closed. I don't like seafood so we never really went there. Your girls sound so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete