Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's the Last Blog of the Year

So, I got Kyle's desk mess pretty much cleaned. You wouldn't believe the bag of garbage I'm tossing out. And it's about halfway finished. I've got a few hours to get it finished. Midnight is the deadline.

We're having chilli for dinner tonight. Chilli is love. We've got cheese and corn chips and oyster crackers to go with it. YAY!

My mom came over and is in charge of the black-eyed peas and cabbage so that we can eat it at midnight tonight. Don't ask me. Is a family tradition. Not sure where it came from. Not sure I want to know.

Our neighbors invited us to do fireworks with them tonight. They promised non-loud ones. So happy. Camy and Jayde HATE loud fireworks or really loud things in general. But they won't be here until about 8. Hope Kyle isn't counting on putting them to bed. I am letting them stay up until they pass out. It's freaking New Years!

He's picking them up in Hammond at about 5 and then they are going to dinner with his mom or whatever. I just hope they don't come in with like a million things. They did "Christmas" this week, I'm sure. They went to Chuck E. Cheese's and to see The Tale of Despereaux yesterday. And yes, they had already seen the movie. Oh well! Jayde didn't talk throughout the entire movie this time.

I really hope she didn't pee in her pants. She was doing so well. She just needs encouragement to keep it up. She's funny that way.

Amongst the clothes we found for her, we found a winter hat. Just hope it fits. It's cute as hell. She'll get a kick out of it. Of this I am sure.

Anyway, my New Year's resolution is to do more community work and to "give back" more. Should be easy. I'll be trying to collect hats for St. Jude, coats for Coats for Kids, and fans for the elderly. I'll be doing a virtual lemonade stand with Alex's Lemonade Stand, and some other stuff. 2009 is a building year. I also vow to keep my job longer than seven months. And I also promise a list a week. I've already got my first one in the works. And that's it from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment