Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Anyone who knows me, knows I love my hair. I always have. Nobody, but nobody touches my hair but me. You have to be very freaking special if I let you touch it. Fact. So, when I go to get a haircut, a lot of time and thought goes into where I go. When I had long hair, it was an easy decision, nobody. Last July, when I decided to go short again, I agonized over where go for weeks. Finally, I talked to a co-worker who had once been a hairstylist where to go. She suggested Sports Clips. She had gone to Aveda with one of the stylists there. So, I sucked it up and took my long locks to them. I walked in and they looked at me like I was nuts. I asked them if they cut women's hair and the girl at the desk said they did. I asked for the girl my co-worker knew by name and they said she'd be back at a certain time. I came back at that time and the rest is history. She. Was. Amazing. A few months later I went back. And lo and behold the same girl gave me the same cut. Wuthout even washing my hair either time. And definitely without styling tools. It took maybe half an hour the first time and ten minutes the second time. Today, I went back and was treated like shit. The girl at the desk got an attitude when she told me they didn't cut women's hair. I told her that I had gotten a haircut there before, twice. She said that it depended on who was here today. Then, this short little homegirl wanna be came out and asked me what I wanted. I tell her that I just want a few inches off. She immediately says she can't do a bob. Excuse me? I wanted to smack her. My hair is short, but it's not a bob, not in the traditional sense of the word. Obviously, she doesn't know what she's talking about. Then, she goes on to say that my haircut is "too complex" and that she "doesn't feel comfortable" doing it without comfortable" doing it without styling tools. My analysis? She probably barely passed state boards and should probably have her license taken. Then, the first chick suggests I go to SuperCuts. Are. You. Kidding. Me? I wouldn't go to SuperCuts even if you paid me to. Why? Because they are infamous for not knowing what they're doing. I'm just not chancing that shit. This is my HAIR we're talking about. So, I don't know what to do. I really want a haircut today. I decide to try Wal-Mart. Don't judge me. Their in-store salon has given me quite a few good haircuts. I've been lucky. Turns out that the Wal-Mart salon is closed today. So, I head to Aveda, which is a cosmetology school. You can go get a half-price haircut and it's OK because the instructors are right there the whole time. The downside? It takes about two and a half hours to get a haircut. I don't know if I wanna go back. A haircut shouldn't take longer than a Catholic wedding ceremony. I missed my date this afternoon because of this haircut. Had I known that a haircut at Aveda would take that long, I would have skipped it and gotten it tomorrow. Bah, I say. Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment