Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Polly Wolly Doodle

The other day the boyfriend and I had an overdue conversation about taking our relationship to the next level. No, we're not enaged! We've decided  to make the leap from monogamous couple to a much happier nonmonogamous/polyamorous couple. 

I've known for years that monogamy wasn't for me.  I first read The Ethical Slut around the end of 2007 and it just made sense to me.  I tried to incorporate it into my marriage, but the whole thing turned into him saying that I just wanted a license to cheat.  But at that time, I was actually looking for a girlfriend. So, we tried a threesome. That was basically the beginning of the end.

Anyway, moving along. I gave up on polyamory until recently when I got a much needed push from a friend who was watching me struggle with being faithful.  So, I cautiously brought it up to Charlie.

He was very adamant, at first.  He didn't want to do it, not further questions.  About a day later he texts me.  He's had a change of heart.  After discussing it a little further, we reached a decision to a least give it a try. 

And I know what you're thinking.  That I'm just going to go around hooking up with anyone and everyone.  That's not true.  I've already found a secondary. A secondary who fills in the "blanks", if you will.  Not that I'm not completely satisfied with Charlie.  I am. And I seriously could possibly see myself marrying him. It's just...Chris offers me some things that Charlie doesn't.

Chris is a generous lover.  He's not a typical guy.  He's sweet and sensitive and he's absolutely not afraid to show it.  Charlie, on the other hand, he can be a bit selfish in bed. And he can be a bit insensitive sometimes.  And well, change is good.  In any event, I'm a much happier Susan, now. 


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment