Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Get It Together

To the dumb men who think I am looking for a new father for my children and financial support for myself: you are misataken.

My girls HAVE a father. They don't need a father. You don't even have to like them or bond with them. I don't really care. As long as you don't hurt them in any way, I don't care what relationship you have with them. You don't even have to have any relationship with them. I'm not even sure if I want you to meet them.

Now, as for me, no, I really am NOT a gold-digger. As much as I joke about it, that's honestly not me. That's all that is, a joke. Money cannot buy happiness. It can try, but it will never succeed. You have to make your own happiness.

I don't need financial support. I require emotional support, somebody who can talk to me when I need encouragment, love me unconditionally, hold me when I need a shoulder to cry on, and who will listen when I need to just bitch. Someone who will catch me when I fall, or even, if possible, prevent me from falling altogether. Someone to back me up when a tough decision has to be made, but is not afraid to tell me when, in his heart, he knows I am wrong. A life partner, a friend, a comrad, but also somebody who I can take to bed with me because mommies need lovin' too.

1 comment: