Monday, December 22, 2008

What's That Smell?

It's me. I smell like shrimp. I just peeled and de-veined an entire pound and now I smell like shrimp. My grandma's making shrimp gumbo. A small price to pay for Gumboy goodness. Our neighbor caught the shrimp in June. Six months is still fresh, right?

I am so ready for Thursday. I don't think I can contain my excitement over Camy's dollhouse or Jayde's kitchen much longer. I'm going to have a blast putting them together. The magic and wonder of Santa shall grow, even though I am not a fan of telling them it was Santa. I had started the tradition of waiting until Twelfth night and saying it was the Three Wisemen, but because I don't homeschool, I really can't expect them to not know about Santa. So, I was defeated by the power of conforming. But I still didn't get Santa pictures done. Karen did with Camy even though I have told her that we don't want to enforce the Santa thing any more than we have to. At least she didn't make Jayde do pictures. And it's not like I am the only one who doesn't agree with the Santification of Christmas, Kyle agreed with me. So, she isn't just going against my wishes, she's going against his wishes too! BITCH! And people wonder why I don't like her. Yeah, it's a small thing, but seriously, it's one of the only things I've asked of her. Dhe could have at least done it. Although, it's pretty much not surprising. I also said no Webkinz and now we have 25. She started them. Of course, I continued them. I didn't HAVE to continue them. Oh well.

Anyway, the kids had a mish mash inside picnic for lunch. I gave them Velveeta chunks, raisins, chicken nuggets, french fries, cheese taquitos, Capri Sun, RitzBits peanut butter sandwiches, apple dippers, caramel sauce, and graham crackers. I think that was it. We had a small amount of everything so it isn't like they got a whole lot. Like the french fries, for instance. They had like 20 between the three of them. They each had one taquito. Small portions, so it sounds like a lot.

I bet you're wondering about my dreams, yes? I know you are. Well...NO P! But they did include a certain of age Jonas Brother....Shut-up, he's adorable!

Anything else? I don't think. Oh. We're going to make handprint cookies tonight. I'll tell you how that goes. I've never done it before, but I thought of it the last time we made cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment